"Variable Data" simply means that every copy of an item will be customised according to a list of data. This is most commonly used to add names and addresses to envelopes, rather than writing them by hand. There may also be some common artwork that appears in the same position on all items, such as a logo or postage paid symbol as per the image above.
Supplying the following information ensures the smoothest setup and proofing process possible.
- Font, size and position (left, center or right aligned).
- Excel document containing individual cells for name, surname, street, suburb, postcode and state.
- If you required a printed graphic/logo please supply the original Indesign (IDML) doc with all of the above.
- When designing try and keep important information at least 5mm from all edges.
- Last but not least don't forget your return address and postage paid stamp.
This information will then allow us to impose all the relevant information through our variable data software. It is therefore important to supply all address information in separate cells so the software can recognise it as its own entry otherwise it places all information onto one line.